community-based, non-corporate, participatory media
5 Unique Facts About Global Warming
by Daniel Lanback Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011 at 7:21 AM
Global warming is as real as it could be. We are all experiencing its negative effects and if we do not do anything right now to stop it, we will then see ourselves facing our certain doom. However, do not worry, do not worry just yet, we still can do something about it and we need to act quickly before the damage becomes irreversible. The first thing that you should do is to understand the concept, the science behind it. When understanding comes inside the mind of men, then they'll fueled to do whatever it takes because they know the benefits and consequences and that alone is enough to motivate a person.
So what is this phenomenon? It is a global phenomenon, which involves a significant rise in the world's temperature, which branches out, to different catastrophic events, which brought forth by this rise in temperature. Anything that burns fuel and releases carbon gases up in the air is to blame for it, which locks up an excessive amount of heat. Imagine how hot the planet Venus is due to its current situation. Too much carbon gas on its atmosphere heightens its ability to trap - in heat from the sun. It could melt lead in seconds. The question is, "are we heading the same way?"
Here are some of the facts that you might not know about it.
1. The number one factor that causes it is not carbon dioxide (although it plays a big role and it is the second on the list) but water vapor. Other factors are carbon gases, nitrous gases, and CFC's or chlorofluorocarbons.
2. CFC's will completely disappear from the face of the earth by 2030 because it through the campaign against its usage, banning it forever.
3. Naturally, the business sectors are the largest contributing factor to it. Businesses like Transportation, residential, commercials, industry, and agriculture are the number one contributors to it.
4. The second major cause of it is methane gas. Even gas from cows adds up to this phenomenon. (seriously)
5. If there were a big volcanic explosion that would happen anywhere on the earth, it would cool it down for about 2 years. The reason behind this is that sulfuric acid that comes out from the volcano mixes with the water vapor. This will then act as a blanket that reflects sunlight away from the earth. However, we may not be happy with the huge volcanic eruption part. That would be Armageddon.
Anyway, these are just some of the facts. There are a lot more out there but all of these five things are sufficient for you to believe how real and how serious the situation is. You should do your part right now. Ask what you could do to slow down the effects of this global phenomenon.