community-based, non-corporate, participatory media
Primate Torture In Wisconsin, US, UK, China, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Netherlan
by Primate Protector Sunday, Jun. 20, 2010 at 6:24 PM
Recent deaths of primates subjected to freezing, baking to death, thirst, pain of all sorts have given momentum to the movement to end laboratory research on captive victims.
Primate Torture In Wisconsin, US, UK, China, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Netherlands Etc.
Compiled from several sources
When Indira Gandhi was prime minister of India she found out that the US Navy had violated the US treaty with India that no primates would be used in military research. She banned primate export to the US. Now China and Malaysia are 2 of the largest breeders of captive primates for research. One Indian company is invested in Malaysia because of an Indian government ban.
1 Primate freezes to death at the Southwest Foundation in San Antonio Texas
http://www.sfbr.orgthe guilty facility
2 Primates Baked Alive At Charles River Facility In Nevada
Charles River has 2 facilities there, one in Reno, one in Sparks. Neither Senator Reid nor his ludicrous
3 Squirrel Monkeys are being irradiated by NASA at McLean Hospital in Belmont Massachusetts many years after Barnes Air Force Base discontinued the barbaric practice. NASA has shot primates and other animals into space. Some have died slowly circling alone in the void. Others were blown apart with astronauts on the shuttle. Their presence had been hidden by executives at NASA Glenn. http://www.pcrm.org
4 Hundreds of Animals are Dismembered at a facility in Yemassee, South Carolina[
5 a. Harvard receives more animal torture money than any other university.. at least 300 million a year … primates are crucified in underground labs at Southborough and other places http://www.massanimalrights.orgMass. Animal Rights Coalition
5b. More Violations at Boston's Brigham and Women's
Ft Detrick gave Battelle of Tennessee many thousand primates, 4000 of whom
were killed in just 1 of the weaponized anthrax experiments funded by 1 billion dollars
from the CIA.
7. The San Diego Zoo used to give primates to UC Davis for torture. Public outcry stopped it. Now the torture continues. In the guise of helping after the tsunami, UC Davis vets went to India to capture more primates. Source: Henry Heymann of IPPL http://www.ippl.org
8. Oxford and Cambridge are 2 schools of several in the UK which torture primates. indymedia.org.uk http://www.buav.orghttp://www.shac.net
9. The Edinburgh Zoo breeds captive primates. http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/psychology/research/sprg/
10. Columbia University’s primate cruelty. http://www.columbiacruelty.com
11. The University of Oregon tortures primates. portland.indymedia.org
12. KU Medical Center allowed monkeys to die of dehydration .. http://www.all-creatures.org/saen
13. UCLA plots to bypass law http://primatefreedom.com/uclafoiarefuses.shtml
14. Ohio State has done primate research for at least 50 years. In the 60’s primates in small cages were subjected to LSD research. Ohio State’s board of trustees, including billionaire Wechsler, has instituted a mice spine breaking class for premed students. The 1500 vegan physicians and many thousand other members of PCRM sued. The Republicans on the Ohio Supreme Court, including executioner Maureen O’Connor, voted with the animal abusers. http://www.poetwill.org
The 12 States with the Largest Populations of Primates within Laboratories
Major Primate Labs within the State... these are 2002 figures.. many more updated
ones are available.
Louisiana 11,673 Tulane Primate Center & New Iberia Lab
California 8,841 UC Davis Primate Center
Texas 8,307 Southwest Foundation Primate Center
Maryland 7,593 NIH Labs
New Jersey 7,572
Massachusetts 6,007 New England Primate Center
Georgia 5,227 Yerkes Primate Center
South Carolina 5,092
Virginia 4,549 LABS of Virginia
Wisconsin 4,543 Wisconsin Primate Center
Washington 4,116 Washington Primate Center
Oregon 3,335 Oregon Primate Center
The 8 regional primate centers are funded through these entities: the University of Washington, Seattle; the University of California, Davis; the University of Wisconsin, Madison; Emory University; Harvard University; the Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research; Oregon Health Sciences University; and Tulane University.
26 or more corporations are licensed to import primates to the US for lab torture. It is difficult to get the list of the licensed facilities.
Yerkes in Atlanta with CDC faculty, Regional Primate Centers at Harvard University,
McLean Hospital, The University of Wisconsin, The University of Oregon etc. Covance, Yale, Princeton, Cornell, Columbia, Ohio State, University of Texas, Kent State are additional facilities torturing primates.
Dianne Feinstein, war profiteer and insider trade who illegally funded over 1 billion
in research contracts to her husband Richard Blum's URS and other corporations,
was instrumental in his being made chairman of the Board of Overseers of the University of California., where he has worked with the FBI through passage of the AETA bill
to criminalize 1st amendment protest at laboratories, slaughterhouses, factory farms etc.
The following links are from http://www.primatefreedom.com
4.17.10 Tag wearer Mike Nicosia reports on Wisconsin primate
3.21.10 Emory/Yerkes' 2008 Column E Pain Data available
2.16.10 UCLA's Anti-Science Profs debate Dr. Ray Greek, Dr. Niall Shanks and Robert C. Jones, Ph.D.
2.16.10 Slide presentation at UCLA debate
12.07.09 UMDNJ list of body parts from Yerkes, LEMSIP et al.
11.18.09 Yerkes' negligence kills sooty mangabey. Please let USDA know your thoughts.
08.06.09 Eight unidentified from Yerkes are not forgotten.
Laboratory records received for Minnesota's 00FP8
Who are the vivisectors?
Tenacity pays off in attempts to obtain Wisconsin records.
UCLA openly plots to ignore FOIA and requests from the public.
UCLA's Dario Ringach busted for publicly lying about research?
Pharma kickbacks lead to $9.3M grant from NIH frozen while Emory's Nemeroff pulled grant affects primate abusers. Please share the videos Part1 Part2
PFP Appeals to Wisconsin Supreme Court in Exhibit Hall suit
Wisconsin's Harlow Lab animal abuser, Chris Coe, refuses delivery of 12 year-old girl's petition for mercy.
12 year-old Savannah Limke, a Madison, WI. resident, organizes locals and petitions Univ. of Wisconsin to release its hostages
Colorado's Nancy Gregory exposes Wisconsin's stonewalling
06/11/08- PFP files response to UCLA's lame claims.
05/02/08 Primate Freedom Project files final response in UCLA suit.
04/28/08 Tagwearer's YouTube tribute to Maisy Vervet #1994093 at UC Davis by Susan Elias ***Link to this video has been disabled due to California Board of Regents threats and demands. For more information, please see link directly above to explain this action.
Primate Freedom Project responds to California Board of Regents
UCLA Animal Terrorists sue UCLA Primate Freedom Project to Shield Researcher's Cruelty.
Report from Assn. of Primate Veterinarians. Read about the primates in their labs...perhaps a lab close to you!
Feminist Gloria Steinem Asks that Covance be dropped as a Conference Sponsor----and gets it done!!!
Emory/Yerkes' negligence kills Rhesus PWc2
New!!! New Simian Census (including prosimians)
PFP Activist Wins Media Award for Exposing Truth at Wisc Lab
Are monkeys more compassionate than the Dalai Lama? An open letter to the 14th Dalai Lama
BIG WIN! Univ. of Utah's Donahoe Stops Primate Experiments!
BIG WIN FOR PRIMATES!!! WISCONSIN JUDGE RULES FOR PFP NATIONAL EXHIBITION HALL!
Calendar of Events
Attn. UCLA Freedom Tag wearers: New contact address for Tag info
U. Wisconsin destroys video in response to activists' open records requests
UCLA vivisector, Ringach, stops experimenting on primates
Using Primates in Research--a public discussion in Madison, July 18
A Letter from Dr. Goodall and other scientists. 19 Scientists Oppose Yerkes' Proposal to Amend its Endangered Species permit and Kill Mangabeys for 'Conservation' Money.
Help outlaw ALL vivisection in Rio de Janiero
19 Scientists including Jane Goodall Oppose Yerkes' Permit Amendment
VIDEO***Madison, Wisconsin --Debate Using Animals in Research -- PFP's Rick Bogle and UW's Eric Sandgren
Primate advocates educate Minneapolis citizens about useless experiments that don't help sick people. View photos and video of experiments inside Minneapolis laboratory.
Yerkes requests permit change to kill mangabeys that are 'too costly' to maintain while financially supporting new venture. Please help.
Oregon Primates Need YOU!
WWAIL 2006 Update for UCLA
WWAIL 2006 Update for Atlanta
Essay by Rick Bogle: An Argument for Ending the Use of Animals in Biomedical Research
Read Debate Coverage at Links Below:
Primate Freedom Project begins in Minnesota
DEBATE! Eric Sandgren, Chair of UW's ACUC, has agreed to debate one of UW's most vocal critics, Rick Bogle, on Thursday, March 23 at 7:00 p.m. at 2103 Chamberlain Hall, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison. Don't miss it.
Wisconsin University Union Chair Files Lawsuit, Claims UW Animal Research Oversight Akin to McCarthyism, Guantanamo
Help save 4 Rhesus at Univ. of Conn. from imminent death
Yet another invitation issued to Emory/Yerkes to discuss animal experiments
Emory/Yerkes receives 'Official Warning' from USDA after deaths
Emory says they're 'Confused' about Animal Welfare Act Reqs
Alabama Records Prove Experiments are Repetitive and Cruel
Primate Freedom Project seeks injunction to block sale of Exhibition Hall property.
Dover Chimpanzee dies due to Emory/Yerkes' Negligence. USDA fines Emory/Yerkes.
Primate Freedom Project asks court to decide Exhibition Hall property claim dispute.
Proposed ecstasy experiments, both expensive and wrong. Write your congresspersons today.
High school student (and Freedom Tag wearer) visits UNC vivisector
Vivisection A to Z... Interested in what's going on behind closed laboratory doors at the Wisconsin National Primate Research Center? Vivisection A to Z reviews experiments of each vivisector at WNPRC and what the primate experiences. Group meets the second Tuesday of each month, 7:00pm at Memorial Union. Room assignments vary so please check http://www.union.wisc.edu/TITU/mutitu.htm Free and open to the public.
PFP's Rick Bogle files suit against UW's PIO for false statements.
Seeing through Univ. of Wisconsin's many lies
UW researcher, Terasawa, whines when caught
USDA busted Terasawa, UW remained silent
CONFIDENTIAL, INTERNAL UW docs re: Teresawa. UW has nothing good to say about her sloppy experiments.
Yahoo limiting length of emails
Future home of
The National Primate Research Exhibition Hall
June 4, 2005, Madison, WI.
Like a Holocaust Memorial at the Gates of Auschwitz, the National Primate Research Exhibition Hall makes the clear statement that what is occurring in these labs across the country and the world is wrong and must be stopped. Sandwiched tightly between the historic and infamous Harry F. Harlow Primate Psychology building and the National Institutes of Health’s flagship vivisection lab, the Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, the Exhibition Hall’s permanent presence and clear voice will be impossible to ignore.
Friends of NPRX
click http://www.primateresearch.com to visit
International Directory of Primatology
Primate Centers, Labs and Research Programs
This section includes: Organizations with primate-focused research programs.
• Aaron Diamond AIDS Animal Models Laboratory, Tuxedo, New York, UNITED STATES
• Aging in the Nervous System, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
• Alamogordo Primate Facility, NIH, Holloman AFB, New Mexico, UNITED STATES
• Alpha Genesis, Inc., Yemassee, South Carolina, UNITED STATES
• Asher Center for Depression, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, UNITED STATES
• Australian National ****** Colony, Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
• Australian National Macaque Facility, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
• ****** Research Resources, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, UNITED STATES
• Barbados Primate Research Center and Wildlife Reserve, St. Peter, BARBADOS
• Biomedical Primate Research Centre (BPRC), 2280 GH Rijswijk, NETHERLANDS
• Branch Konarovice, Research Institute for Pharmacy and Biochemistry, Konarovice, CZECH REPUBLIC
• Brigham Young University, Psychology Department, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, UNITED STATES
• C.H.I.M.P.P. Group (The Chemo-ethology of Hominoid Interactionsbetween Medicinal Plants and Parasites), Primate Research Institute, Kyoto University, Inuyama, Aichi, JAPAN
• California National Primate Research Center (CNPRC), Davis, California, UNITED STATES
• Callitrichid Research Center, University of Nebraska, Omaha, Nebraska, UNITED STATES
• Capital Primate Research Center, Beijing, Beijing, CHINA
• Caribbean Primate Research Center, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico, UNITED STATES
• Center for African Area Studies, Kyoto, Kyoto, JAPAN
• Center for Neotropical Primate Research and Resources, UT M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Bastrop, Texas, UNITED STATES
• Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, INDIA
• Central Institute for Experimental Animals, Kawasaki, JAPAN
• Centre de Primatologie, Franceville, GABON
• Centre de Primatologie (CdP), Universite de Strasbourg, Niederhausbergen, FRANCE
• Centre de Primatologie de l'Institut Pasteur de la Guyane (CP-IPG), Institut Pasteur de la Guyane, Cayenne, FRENCH GUIANA
• Centre for Human Biology, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, Western Australia, AUSTRALIA
• Centre for Neuroscience and Animal Behaviour, University of New England, Amidale, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
• Centre for Reproductive Biology, Medical Research Council, Edinburgh, Scotland, UNITED KINGDOM
• Centro de Biologica da Reproducao, Juiz de Fora, Minas Gerais, BRAZIL
• Centro de Investigacion en Reproduction Humana y Experimental - CIRHE, Instituto Universitario CEMIC - Centro de Educacion Medica e Investigaciones Clinicas - CEMIC, Buenos Aires, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
• Centro de Primatologia do Rio de Janeiro - CPRJ, Rio de Janeiro, BRAZIL
• Centro de Reproducción y Conservación de Primates No Humanos, Iquitos, Iquitos, PERU
• Centro di Primatologia HSR, Milan, ITALY
• Centro Nacional de Primatas, Ananindeua, Para, BRAZIL
• Chilean Primate Center, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, CHILE
• Chimpanzee and Human Communication Institute, Central Washington University, Ellensburg, Washington, UNITED STATES
• Cuban Section of Primatology, Havana City, Havana, CUBA
• Departamento de Etología, Instituto Mexicano de Psiquiatría, Mexico, Distrito Federal, MEXICO
• Département Ecologie, Physiologie & Ethologie, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Universite de Strasbourg, Strasbourg, FRANCE
• Department of Cellular Biology, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Cerdanyola del Vallès, Barcelona, SPAIN
• Deutsches Primatenzentrum GmbH - German Primate Centre - DPZ, Goettingen, Lower Saxony, GERMANY
• Division of Lab Animal Medicine, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
• Duke Lemur Center, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, UNITED STATES
• Ecology, Behaviour and Conservation Group, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, Karnataka, INDIA
• Ethologie & Socio-ecologie, Behavioral Biology, Utrecht, NETHERLANDS
• Ethologische Station Sennickerode, University of Goettingen, Gleichen, GERMANY
• Gibbon Conservation Center, Santa Clarita, California, UNITED STATES
• Gorilla Foundation, Woodside, California, UNITED STATES
• Great Ape Trust of Iowa, Des Moines, Iowa, UNITED STATES
• Guangdong Primate Experimental Center, Shunde, Guangdong P.R., CHINA
• Harlow Center For Biological Psychology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, UNITED STATES
• Herpes B-Virus Diagnosis: National Resource Laboratory, Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia, UNITED STATES
• Institut für Zoologie (Primatological Section), D-30559 Hannover, GERMANY
• Institute for Research in Reproduction, Parel, Bombay, INDIA
• Institute of Biomedical Problems, Moscow, RUSSIA
• Institute of Poliomyelitis and Viral Encephalitis, Moscow, RUSSIA
• Institute of Primate Research, Karen, Nairobi, KENYA
• Institute of Reproductive Medicine of the University, Munster, GERMANY
• Institute of Zoology, London, England, UNITED KINGDOM
• Instituto Nacional de Salud-Bioterio Central, Santafe de Bogota, COLOMBIA
• Istituto di Neurobiologia e Medicina Molecolare, Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche, Rome, ITALY
• Istituto di Psicologia - Reparto di Psicologia Comparata, Rome, ITALY
• King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, SAUDI ARABIA
• Kunming Primate Research Center, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, Yunnan, CHINA
• Laboratorio Tropical de Primatologia (LTP), Joao Pessoa, Paraiba, BRAZIL
• Laboratory for Comparative Cognition, Lehman College, Bronx, New York, UNITED STATES
• Laboratory of Comparative Ethology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Poolesville, Maryland, UNITED STATES
• Language Research Center, Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia, UNITED STATES
• Lester E. Fisher Center for the Study and Conservation of Apes, Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago, Illinois, UNITED STATES
• Living Links, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, UNITED STATES
• Michale E. Keeling Center for Comparative Medicine and Research, University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Bastrop, Texas, UNITED STATES
• New England Primate Research Center, Southborough, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
• New Iberia Research Center, New Iberia, Louisiana, UNITED STATES
• Núcleo de Primatologia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, Natal, BRAZIL
• Obesity and Diabetes Research Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, UNITED STATES
• Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, Oregon, UNITED STATES
• Primate Behavior Laboratory, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, UNITED STATES
• Primate Brain Bank, Utrecht University, Utrecht, NETHERLANDS
• Primate Center of the Rare Animals Breeding Experimental Farm, Guangzhou, CHINA
• Primate Foundation of Arizona, Queen Valley, Arizona, UNITED STATES
• Primate Genetics Typing Laboratory, San Antonio, Texas, UNITED STATES
• Primate Laboratory, Beijing, CHINA
• Primate Research Facility, New Delhi, INDIA
• Primate Research Group at UAM, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid, SPAIN
• Primate Research Institute, Inuyama, Aichi, JAPAN
• Primate Research Institute of Anhui University, Anhui University, Hefei, Anhui, CHINA
• Primate Research Laboratory, Bangalore, Karnataka, INDIA
• Primate Research Unit, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Bangkok, THAILAND
• Primate Station, Hessen, Kassel, GERMANY
• Primate Unit and Delft Animal Centre, Medical Research Council, Tygerberg, Cape Province, SOUTH AFRICA
• Pró-Muriqui Association, Muriqui Eco-Park & Pro-Muriqui Association, Sao Miguel Arcanjo, SP, BRAZIL
• Programa Nacional Colombiano de Primatologia, Bogota, COLOMBIA
• Psychological Laboratory, Radboud University of Nijmegen, Nijmegen, NETHERLANDS
• Pusat Studi Satwa Primata, Institut Pertanian Bogor, Bogor, West Java, INDONESIA
• Research Center for Animal Life Science, Shiga University of Medical Science, Ohtsu, Shiga, JAPAN
• Research Institute of Medical Primatology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Sochi-Adler, Krasnodar region, RUSSIA
• Russian Academy of Sciences, I.M.Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry; I.P.Pavlov Institute of Physiology, St. Petersburg, RUSSIA
• Simian Retrovirus Laboratory, Davis, California, UNITED STATES
• South China Primate Research & Developmental Center, South China Institution of Endangered Animals Research, Guangzhou, Guangdong, CHINA
• Southwest National Primate Research Center, Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, San Antonio, Texas, UNITED STATES
• St. Petersburg Primate Center, St. Petersburg, RUSSIA
• Tsukuba Primate Center for Medical Science, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, JAPAN
• Tulane National Primate Research Center, Tulane University, Covington, Louisiana, UNITED STATES
• Unit of Primate Research, Shanghai, CHINA
• University of Miami Perrine Primate Center, Miami, Florida, UNITED STATES
• Vanderbilt University, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, UNITED STATES
• Wake Forest University Primate Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, UNITED STATES
• Washington National Primate Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, UNITED STATES
• Wilson Hall Animal Facility, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, UNITED STATES
• Wisconsin National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wisconsin, UNITED STATES
• Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Atlanta, Georgia, UNITED STATES
• Yunnan National Laboratory Primate Center of China, Yunnan, CHINA
• Zoologix, Inc., Chatsworth, California, UNITED STATES
Gorilla attempts escape from North Carolina Zoo http://www.wxii12.com/news/23894895/detail.html
Corrupted media includes the BBC
|Link Correction||Primate Protector||Sunday, Jun. 20, 2010 at 6:26 PM|