Sit-In Demands
by Alexis Miller Monday, Mar. 22, 2004 at 10:39 AM
ace_miller81@yahoo.com

About 100 protestors occupied the Carnegie Mellon university center, where several protestors, including this woman, talked about why the protests happened. She described the demands of the sit-in, including the full disclosure of the campus's involvement in building defense systems.

Sit-In Demands...
web_sit_in_speaker.jpg, image/jpeg, 580x600

This totally sucked !!!
by Emerson's cat Monday, Mar. 22, 2004 at 1:30 PM

I really wanted to hear what she was saying, but with that black rag stuffed in her mouth it was really difficult to understand. Maybe next time we could try having speakers who are not talking through outerwear. It might help our movement if we could tell what the hell our leaders were saying. I really think that communication is important, and I am not sure that talking through these ski masks helps. Plus, it was really really hot under all of that black hood and mask. Could we come up with some other way to dress.

Demands
by Adam Tuesday, Mar. 23, 2004 at 12:16 PM
tomjoad@guerrillaunderground.com

As one of the folks who walked on to the CMU campus with the sit in crew, I was disappointed at the lack of communication. It ultimately prompted me to leave. In terms of occupying the building, I asked many people what the demands were for the occupation so we could be clear on our objective.

Unfortunately, the answers I was getting were, "Because" and "We need your support." I'd gladly take a bullet for the movement but I want to be able to explain to anyone that asks exactly what was going on and why I'm taking over a building.

It just seemed secretive, many other people left for similar reasons. In the future it would be positive if we had a way to be more solidified in our ideology.

All Power to the People!
Adam

Demands
by Adam Tuesday, Mar. 23, 2004 at 12:16 PM
tomjoad@guerrillaunderground.com

All Power to the People!
Adam

...
by .... Tuesday, Mar. 23, 2004 at 1:03 PM

Maybe you left too soon. The demands were clearly stated more then once, and there were flyers being passed out that had the demands on them as well as information about CMU's ties to the military, yes there are always things that can be done differently, but there is really a need for help in order to have enough people to cover all the bases in a prompt and clear manner. I'm sorry that you felt that didn't occur.

Had you approached any of the people who spoke while we were in the building they could have relayed to you the clear demands as well as given you a handout of them.

communication
by jonny apple Tuesday, Mar. 23, 2004 at 1:07 PM

As far as the comment about talking under the black. I couldn't hear much of what she said either, but that was because of the bullhorn. The sound accoustics in that place were horrible for a bullhorn and people just didn't really do anything about it soon enough. It doesn't make you any less clear to talk under a bandanna.

demands
by david Tuesday, Mar. 23, 2004 at 7:54 PM

download the CMU fact sheet (which contains the demands) that was passed out here: http://www.organizepittsburgh.org/cmu_factsheet.pdf

or read the demands on-line: http://www.organizepittsburgh.org/demands.html

demands
by adam Wednesday, Mar. 24, 2004 at 3:02 AM
tomjoad@guerrillaunderground.com

I wish I would have had them, mabye I just asked the wrong people. Looking at the link I certainly would have been in solidarity with that.

Hasta La Victoria Siempre!
Adam