Wear Black Armbands for Peace
by -- Tuesday, Mar. 18, 2003 at 12:12 PM

A suggestion to wear a black armband on Thursday.

Not everyone will be able to miss classes to attend the Student Strike on Thursday. Not everyone will be able to stay for the whole day if they can make part of it. But we can all wear a black armband to make visible our opposition to the war.

Saint Vincent College Activist
by Jason Wednesday, Mar. 19, 2003 at 2:50 AM
deadhead68_1999@yahoo.com

Hey,
Just wanted to comment that this is a great idea. We are already in the process of making them and will be wearing them until the war stops. See you at the rally on Thursday.

yeah
by andy Wednesday, Mar. 19, 2003 at 11:02 AM

that's a good call. i want one!

also, student strike is not necessarily thursday . . . the other events definitely are, and we might just make it thursday . . . must get in touch with the others!

good idea
by nerdette Wednesday, Mar. 19, 2003 at 11:39 AM

good timing...my activist group is organizing a peace picnic for friday, and i was trying to think of something we could give people to symbolize their opposition...wonderful idea, relatively cheap too.

Arm Band Variation
by Jeremy Wednesday, Mar. 19, 2003 at 5:39 PM

My group is wearing white arm bands that say "Anti War". Same basic concept, but this sends the message to the uninformed. We need to stay strong through this.

In Solidarity,
Jeremy

Had no idea
by Patrick Thursday, Mar. 20, 2003 at 8:51 AM
justme49002@yahoo.com

I hadn't a clue that this idea was in place. This morning, feeling I had to make my opposition felt, I cut up an old black T-shirt and am wearing a makeshift band as I write. I'm at school at the moment and. No one has said anything so far, but I will wear this, or something like it, until the war ends.

Armband
by Andy Thursday, Mar. 20, 2003 at 9:53 AM

I have a black armband on. So far I'm the only Pitt Greensburg person with one, though it is relatively early in the morning.

War protests only in US?
by Toastee Sunday, Mar. 23, 2003 at 8:49 AM
Toastee@Ananzi.co.za

We have establish a site that have been going for about a time now. Most of the people that come to visit are anti-war. The only problem is that we live in South-Africa and no-one has the balls to organise an protesting event. We can't do it ourselfs 'cause we are only 16. Is there anyway in which I can get into contact with anybody that would be willing to do such a thing in out country and thanx for the black armband Idea, I'll be wearing one. My thoughts go out to you people that fight for the greater good.

thx
by mike Tuesday, Mar. 25, 2003 at 10:08 AM

My friend got me an armban to wear at school. good idea

thx
by mike Tuesday, Mar. 25, 2003 at 10:08 AM

My friend got me an armban to wear at school. good idea

armband
by brandon Mcclure Wednesday, Mar. 26, 2003 at 12:03 PM
brandon_mcclure@hotmail.com

i like the idea of the white armband with anti-war on it i think that i will wear that below the red armband that i made and have been wearing for about two years strait now. many people ask me what the red one means so hopefully they will notice the white one too. just to say there is a small but growing anti-war group at Geneva College in Beaver Falls.

Armbands
by Aly Wednesday, Mar. 26, 2003 at 3:58 PM

Love the armband idea! Just wanted to say that I'm working with a group to make black armbands with white peace signs (to make the purpose as clear as possible, while taking us less time and effort to make them) here in Clarion, PA. Great for solidarity, great idea overall. Thanks!

Armbands!
by VicTim (Canada) Thursday, Mar. 27, 2003 at 12:57 AM

Hey I recently heard about the armband idea from a newletter I got from the Pitsburgh band anti-flag. They are trying to get everyone who apposes the immoral and injustice war on iraq to where white armbands on friday march 28. Although i have been wearing mine since the 21st i think this it is a great idea. People constanty ask me about it and i spread the word.

War sucks
by gabbeye Thursday, Mar. 27, 2003 at 5:06 PM
soadfanatic10@aol.com

The war sucks.. the arm bands are a great idea considering they take about 2 seconds to make... but I have 1 question... white or black? I have have heard of both: is there any difference? email me soadfanatic10@aol.com

White or black fine
by Quinten Friday, Mar. 28, 2003 at 12:47 AM

I would say that the color isn't that important...it helps if you have a peace sign or some visible peace message on the band though.

it's white here
by kaveh Friday, Mar. 28, 2003 at 6:26 PM

at my school (north allegheny) about 20 ppl including me are wearing white arm bands for peace