community-based, non-corporate, participatory media
pics of the space
the Pittsburgh Independent Media Center officially has a home, we've officially seen it, we've officially set dates for workdays (come help!).
so the details, in order!
1. The space is in Project 1877 (http://www.1877.org) on Penn Ave.
2. It's beautiful but needs a ton of work.
3. WORK DAYS!!! will be March 7-8 (friday and saturday) at the space.
Friday we're going to be there from 10 or 11am onward, cleaning, plastering, drywall taping, painting, nailing up shelves, figuring out how to put some lights in our office etc.
Saturday we're going to be working in the morning (again, 10 or 11am) and then there'll be a potluck picnic lunch in the space, followed by a VOLUNTEER TRAINING AND COORDINATION MEETING at around 1pm.
Come to Saturday's meeting/training if you
- want to help staff the IMC space
- want to help out with Project 1877
- want to eat lunch with some neat people
- didn't come help work on the space on Friday!
Having this space'll be a really good way for people to get involved in ways they weren't able to before (ie, you can still be part of IndyMedia even if you don't feel like making media).
|woo woo||kevin||Sunday, Mar. 09, 2003 at 12:57 AM|
|its purdy||patrick, from clevo||Saturday, Mar. 08, 2003 at 7:03 PM|